Fisher Funds KiwiSaver Scheme
KiwiSaver is an easy way to save for retirement or your first home.
NZCU South has partnered with Fisher Funds to distribute the Fisher Funds KiwiSaver Scheme.
Why Fisher Funds for KiwiSaver?
Fisher Funds is the largest New Zealand owned and operated KiwiSaver provider looking after the retirement savings of over 200,000 KiwiSaver members. Like us, Fisher Funds is focused on delivering fantastic service and educating its clients so they learn as they earn. There are a few things that make Fisher Funds different and a great home for your KiwiSaver savings:
Experience and expertise – As a specialist investment manager, investing is all they do. They have one of New Zealand’s largest and most experienced investment teams with more than 200 years combined investing experience.
Candid communication – You’ll always know where your money is invested and why. Fisher Funds keeps you in the loop in a number of ways including:
- Monthly e-newsletters including useful tips for managing your KiwiSaver account
- Personalised monthly KiwiSaver reports available online – see where your savings are invested down to the last cent
- Six monthly transaction statements
- Track your balance and manage your account online.
Exceptional service – Their New Zealand based client services team are here to help you make the most of KiwiSaver.
Award winning – Over the years Fisher Funds has been consistently recognised by its peers in the investment industry. You can see their list of achievements here.
We work closely with Fisher Funds to help you make the most of KiwiSaver.
What is this KiwiSaver thing anyway?
With over 2.5M people enrolled, KiwiSaver is now one of the preferred ways for New Zealanders to save for their retirement. KiwiSaver offers a range of generous membership benefits to encourage you to get saving. They include:
- Up to $521 a year government contribution – for every $1 you contribute the Government will contribute 50 cents up to a maximum of $521 (equivalent to $10 per week) for each KiwiSaver year if you are aged between 18 and 65*, and
- Compulsory employer contributions of 3% if you are employed, are contributing from pay and are aged between 18 and 65*
- Help to buy your first home -– after three years membership in KiwiSaver you may be able to withdraw nearly all of your account (leaving a minimum $1,000 balance) plus you may be eligible for a grant of up to $10,000 (if you are buying or building a new home, or $5,000 if you are buying an existing home)- both subject to conditions.
*Or five years after you have joined KiwiSaver, whichever is later
Who can join the Fisher Funds KiwiSaver Scheme?
To join KiwiSaver you must live or or normally live in New Zealand and be entitled to live here permanently. You must also be aged below 65.
You can join whether you are working or not, including non-working mothers, partners, beneficiaries, students, etc.
What do you put in?
Employees put in amounts equal to 3%*, 4% or 8% (your choice) of your gross pay. Self-employed and not employed can choose to put in as much or as little as they like, when they like, with no minimum payments required.
Anyone can help family and friends make the most of KiwiSaver by putting money into their KiwiSaver account.
When can you access your KiwiSaver account balance?
You can access your KiwiSaver account balance once you reach the age of eligibility for New Zealand Superannuation (currently 65) and have completed five years’ membership.
There are limited exceptions – early withdrawals may be permitted for first home purchase, significant financial hardship, serious illness, death, or permanent emigration, though not to Australia – if you move to Australia you can transfer your KiwiSaver balance to a complying Australian super scheme though). Terms and conditions apply to all early withdrawals, talk to us for details.
On your death, your KiwiSaver account balance will be paid to your estate.
Join Fisher Funds KiwiSaver Online
Click here to join or change to Fisher Funds KiwiSaver.