Comprehensive protection for the car you love to drive.
Buying a car is a big decision, particularly if you are taking out finance to purchase the car. Vehicle Insurance covers your car if you have an accident or your car is stolen or damaged.
- CARMINDER Comprehensive insurance gives you flexibility to choose a policy review period and payment terms that suit your circumstances.
- CARMINDER Comprehensive agreed value policies are available for a 12 month policy review period with a minimum standard excess.
- CARMINDER Comprehensive’s market value policy options include policy terms that cover you for 12, 18, 24, 30, or 36 months.
You can choose a market value policy with a policy review period of longer than 12 months, and your standard excess will reduce by $100 at every 12 month anniversary from the policy start date. For example, when you choose a 24 month policy term, your standard excess will reduce from $400 in the first year, to $300 in the second year of the policy term.
And, it doesn’t end there!
We also give you a choice of premium payment frequencies. Choose between weekly, fortnightly, monthly or yearly payment frequencies to suit your budget and preferences. You can even pay a whole 36 months upfront!
Now, that’s what we call covering you co-operatively!
Co-op Insurance NZ provides you true value with its CARMINDER Comprehensive Insurance policy that will cover you when:
- Your vehicle is involved in an accident, regardless of who is at fault
- Your vehicle is stolen
- Your vehicle is damaged or destroyed by fire
- Your vehicle is maliciously damaged
- Your windscreen breaks (you won’t pay any excess!)
- You are responsible for accidental damage to someone else’s vehicle or property (covers your legal liability and defense costs)
You also have the option to add extras to your policy including.
- Roadside Assistance – 24/7 cover in case your car breaks down
- GAP Cover is available if you have finance owing on your vehicle.
Optional Cover: GAP (Guaranteed Asset Protection)
We all know that the value of your car depreciates as soon as you buy it.
So if you still owe money on your vehicle and it’s written off, the insurance payout can sometimes be less than what is left owing on the finance – leaving you with a loan to pay for a car you can’t even drive!
GAP insurance will pay the difference between the CARMINDER Comprehensive insurance payout and what is left owing on the finance, to a maximum of $10,000 if you have a car accident and your car is written off.
We can offer you three different GAP Insurance levels – Basic, Silver and Gold.
- Basic Cover: Standard $10,000 cover only
- Silver Cover: Standard $10,000 cover, plus $1,000 of additional extras
- Gold Cover: Standard $10,000 cover, plus $2,500 of additional extras
What are ‘additional extras’?
Additional extras only apply to Gold and Silver GAP Insurance options, as follow,
- Replacement vehicle registration costs
- Replacement vehicle delivery costs
- Replacement CARMINDER Comprehensive insurance costs
- Rental Vehicle costs
- Deposit on a replacement vehicle
- Policy excess reimbursement
CARMINDER Third Party
CARMINDER Third Party protects you in case you accidentally damage someone’s else’s car or property.
- It covers your legal liability (and defense costs) if you are responsible for accidental damage to someone else’s vehicle or property.
- It also covers your vehicle for up to $3,000 if you have an accident with an uninsured driver of another vehicle who is completely at fault (and you provide us with the details of the other vehicle and driver).
We can even match your existing no claims bonus, and a cheaper/quote existing premium if ours is more expensive.
We can now also offer you the choose of an ‘Agreed Value’ option for your vehicle for 12 month periods. Agreed Value is the cover amount we have agreed to insure your vehicle for, which is set at the beginning of each period of cover.
Acceptance is guaranteed. Talk to us today on 0800 86 56 36 and sign up to NZCU Vehicle Insurance to protect your car against an accident, theft and damage.
Interested in this product?
If you would like more information about the product/service listed above, please fill in the form below and click ‘Submit’.
We will call you in the next 48 hours to talk about the product and answer questions you may have.