Home and Contents Insurance
Protect your home and contents against financial losses in event of the unexpected.
For most New Zealanders – our home is our most valuable asset. Selecting the right amount of cover is important. That’s why we provide different levels of cover.
- Different cover options to meet your needs.
- Different levels of cover – choose a level of cover that best suits you.
- Maxi plan cover and sum insured.
- Support from our friendly staff to ensure your belongings are covered for what they are worth.
- We can help you make a detailed list of your home contents.
Underwritten by one of New Zealand’s leading insurers, you have access to comprehensive insurance policies that are easy to read and understand, and supported by an award winning claims service. Straightforward claims can usually be resolved within 24 hours.
There are three levels of cover available:
MaxiPlan Replacement – our most comprehensive cover
- Replacement cover up to your sum insured for accidental loss or damage to your home, including garages, decks, swimming pools, driveways and gates
- Cover for keys or locks that need to be changed or replaced
- Cover for planted hedges, trees, shrubs and plants up to $2,500
- Cover for retaining walls up to $10,000
- Gradual damage caused by the leaking of an internal water system covered up to $3,000.
BasicPlan Replacement and BasicPlan Indemnity
Replace cover for loss resulting from fire, explosion or lightning, storm or flood; burglary or theft, and malicious damage or vandalism.
There are two levels of cover available:
MaxiPlan – our most comprehensive cover
- When insuring over $60,000 of contents, most contents will be replaced ‘new for old’
- Up to $1,000 cover for fraudulent use of lost or stolen credit or debit cards
- If your home is uninhabitable we will cover the cost of alternative accommodation for up to 12 months or $30,000
- Total value of contents must be over $40,000 to take this cover.
BasicPlan – our basic insurance cover
- Replacement cover for loss resulting from fire, explosion or lightning; storm or flood; burglary or theft; and malicious damage or vandalism
- Extensions are available to cover the deterioration of frozen foods, and personal effects away from the home.
Knowing just what you are covered for is critical – and will save heartache should the unexpected happen.
Five great reasons why you should choose to insure your valuable assets through NZCU South
- Comprehensive cover – Not all policies are created equal. You’ll have access to extensive insurance cover which provides peace of mind
- Flexible payment options – Spread your payments over the year by choosing to pay your premiums fortnightly, monthly, quarterly, ex monthly or annually by direct debit. You can also choose which date in the month your payments are made
- Excess options – you can add an additional voluntary excess to your policy which may help to reduce your payments.
- Discounts – Discounts when purchasing both home and contents policies and discounts for burglar alarms and monitored smoke detectors
- Outstanding service and support – 24/7 Emergency Help and a world class claims service.
Home and Contents Insurance is underwritten by Vero Insurance New Zealand Limited.
Call us today to sign up for Home and Contents Insurance to protect your most valuable assets.
Interested in this product?
If you would like more information about the product/service listed above, please fill in the form below and click ‘Submit’.
We will call you in the next 48 hours to talk about the product and answer questions you may have.